Showing off my cute kids' life in Cartoon 고양이의 딸네미 자랑

Thursday, May 26, 2005

About truth

I work as an assistant professor in computer animation.When you work in a university, you would expect at least some smart folks. But, no, nut cases are everywhere. Unfortunately, I am very naive, and believe what people say upfront. I say what I mean myself and I think others are same. I also believed in confrontation as in saying truth clearly would bring understanding in a conflict, but unfortunately, not everyone is happy to say straight, nor hear one. Funny thing about truth-telling is that when one says it, the other also tends to react truthfully; whether they want it or not.

Usually they are angry that they have to say truthful things.
As the result of this characteristic of mine, my social skills are not that great. I am sometimes confused ;if it is me who is very wrong. Today, after another unfortunate truth hunting, I realized that I am wrong in the sense believing saying truth will save the conflict. Expecting truth from the other is expecting really a lot. I am afraid that I have a lot to learn.